Friday, December 22, 2006

A booted Buddha

Sorry for the lack of new visuals, we just got back from a visit to Boston. Love that town... I will write a longer report later. This buddha (the idea) came to me while on a trip to Philley several years ago. We sat at a Chinese restaurant trying to look comfortable with a set of chopsticks. The lady next to us appeared to be some sort of a Buddhist monk. She was a whizz at chopsticks and gave us a quick lesson. East meets West; so I have created a "booted" Buddha as a declaration of how east can meet west and be completely ecstatic about the whole affair.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Lisa Wild said...

I have had this piece for years and still love it! I hope you come to do another show in Houston again soon.

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please come to Houston.......we miss you!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

I collect buddhas and this piece is amazing I love it

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home